Hours: 16 to 30 hours per week (to be agreed)
Salary: £10 per hour
Location: Amilly House, 88 South Street, Stanground, Peterborough, PE2 8EZ
Contract duration: 9 months until 31 March 2018 (beyond subject to further funding)
Inspire Peterborough is a project of Disability Peterborough, a local disability charity. In 2014 we secured a major funding award from Sport England and this is helping us to improve the choice and availability of sporting and recreational opportunities for people with disabilities, their families and carers in Peterborough. This is a great opportunity for a Project Officer to join our small but busy team working on this exciting project. Working alongside the Development Manager and Disability Forum Manager you will help to:-
• Update social media for our Peterborough based projects, advising when sessions are taking place, when they may be cancelled, etc.
• Register new participants on the internal database and updating attendance registers
• Liaise with local partners to identify and advertise new disability/inclusive sport opportunities in Peterborough and surrounding areas
• Take photographs (with relevant permissions) of activities and assisting with the development of marketing materials
• Liaise with our partners and stakeholders by telephone and email to help source new information for our website
• Attend Inspire Peterborough projects to provide a link between Inspire Peterborough and the partners/attendees and gather feedback
• Undertake occasional weekend/evening work. Notice will be given in advance
• Identify new opportunities for inclusive sport locally.
We are looking for someone who is able, with support and guidance, to work flexibly in a role with lots of variety and challenge, is enthusiastic, efficient, self-motivated and a good team player. In return we can promise you a fulfilling job, learning and development opportunities, and the chance to be part of a creative project team that has already achieved local, regional and national recognition.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and abilities, please send a cover letter explaining why you would be ideal for the post and recent CV.
For further information or to talk to someone about this opportunity please contact:
Nikki Griffiths, Development Manager, Inspire Peterborough, Amilly House, 88 South Street, Stanground, Peterborough, PE2 8EZ
Telephone 01733 330815, Mobile 07789 592160, www.inspirepeterborough.com