The HCSA is a Community based sports charity providing sports for all 12000 residents living at Hampton. There are approximately 1400 users accessing the facility for football, running, netball, fitness and Tennis with opportunities for other sports. The facility has received many awards including:
- HCSA Living Sports Award Runners Up 2009
- HCSA Heart FM Sports community award winner 2010
- Chas Ryan Heart FM Community Hero award Winner 2010
- Host to Hampton Football Club Hunts FA Community Club award 2012
- Host to Hampton Football Club Living Sports Community Award 2012
- Host to Hampton Football BBC East Sports Community Club of the year 2012
- Host to Hampton Football Club Hunts FA Community Club award Winner 2013
- Host to Hampton Football Club Living Sports Community Award Winner 2013
- Hampton Community Sports Association – Matthew Warn Power of Sport Runners Up award 2013.
A small team of dedicated volunteers have maintained the facility to a high quality, low cost easy access specification.
(www.hcsabookings.co.uk), and all pitches and meeting room facilities.
Community projects include the anti-social behaviour project with Hampton police which has reduced crime by 70% in twelve months (Hampton Police statistics August 2012 – March 2013).
The HCSA hosts the Parish Council, Hampton Football Club, Hampton Sports FC, O&H Hampton and other associated organisations e.g. Peterborough United FC.
The fundraising activities will include:
- Summer Football Tournament – Hampton FC , Netball Events – HCSA
- Summer Car Boot Sale – HCSA Setting up a Bowls clubs – HCSA
- Community Open Day – Multi Sports HCSA – Fitness clubs – HCSA
- Children’s Sports Birthday parties HCSA
- Fitness group Charity events
The Hampton Community and Sports Association were formed in 2002 to manage the Hampton Sports facility for the benefit of all residents regardless of age and ability living at Hampton. A small dedicated team of community volunteers co-ordinate and administer the facility, which includes football pitches, netball and tennis courts, floodlit Astroturf, and modern changing facilities. The HCSA meets on a regular basis to review management and develop plans for improving the facilities.
The HCSA community model agreed with Peterborough City Council (PCC) is a 10 year leasing agreement allowing the HCSA to manage the facility.
Currently there are many clubs using the facilities and are listed below.
Yaxley Runners Club (Monday/Friday)
Hampton Ladies Netball (Junior and Youth Monday – Wednesday)
Hampton Football Club (FA Charter Standard Community Club U6-U18 Monday- Sunday)
Hampton Sports FC – (Saturdays)
Fitness Boot camp 4-5 evening a week.
Disability Groups booked on an individual basis, Hampton Friday Night Project – Youth project.
In school holidays – Arsenal Soccer schools for girls 8-16 years and Peterborough United Soccer schools programme 8-16 years for boys and girls
Information For New Users
Guidance and advice would require trained instructors and coaches for specific sports. The HCSA has trained football, netball, running, Tennis coaches.
Level of expertise required
All abilities are catered for. The sports facility reflect equality and diversity.
How do I access the facilities at the HCSA
Ans: Go to www.hcsabookings.co.uk
There you will find the details to book the Astro/Hard court and meeting room facility